< In no particular order >
BIG Thanks to @saskjuniorexplorers for contributing this list to the blog! She has shown me (through instagram) SO much of what Regina offers! Follow along as she adventures with her toddler in tow!
1. City of Regina Outdoor pools – Regent, Massey, Buffalo Meadows or Maple Leaf are open all summer long.
2. Splash pads – 15 to choose from!
3. Treat yourself – get ice cream at Dessart Sweets or Dandy’s 😍 .
4. Go for a stroll around Wascana Lake.
5. Rent a kayak, canoe or paddle board from Wascana Canoe Kayak Rentals and paddle around the lake.
6. Have a picnic at Over the Hill Orchards – only 15 minutes north of the city in the Lumsden area. Check out their website for picnic and tours available.
7. Hike at Condie Nature Refuge and have a BBQ in their charcoal pits! Condie is located 10 minutes north of the city.
8. Explore the islands at AE Wilson Park located in the west area of the city.
9. Check out local parent walking/ play/ hiking groups put on by Stay’n’Play Parenting, CACA Parent and Baby Group, PlayYQR, Wascana Junior Explorers and Sask Junior Explorers.
10. Stop by the Regina Early Years Centre outdoor play area in Cathedral or sign up for one of the many awesome activities they have going on this summer like Open Air Art in the Park.
Bonus ! Visit the Regina Farmer’s Market every Wednesday and Saturday in downtown Regina!
Thank you again to Sask Junior Explorers, and have fun adventuring local in Regina!
Leave a Reply